David Jones is an Australian online department store that sells a wide range of products including clothing, bags, shoes, home appliances and decor, electrical appliances and much more. The store also sells fresh flowers that are delivered the same day if you make your order before 2pm. Fashion enthusiasts can look up the DJsytle section for the latest style news and style tips. Wine lovers can also join the online wine club and shop through the wine selections provided. Are you uncomfortable shopping with your credit card? You can purchase David Jones platinum cards and gift cards and use them to pay for your merchandise. To make a saving shop from the online catalogues provided.
David Jones sells a wide range of products and offers discounts, loyalty rewards and gift cards. However majority of the customers complain that prices are expensive and the customer service is poor or non-existent.
Price – 5/10
The store offers discounts on certain items during sales as well as a reward system where customers who hold American Express cards including David Jones American Express cards earn points which can be used to pay for goods. David Jones promises to offer a price match guarantee. However, terms and conditions apply. Some items have price ranges. It is therefore not easy to tell how much the item costs until it is added to your online shopping bag. In the online reviews, majority of the customers complain that the prices are expensive. One actual customer noted that products offered are exclusive but overpriced.
Delivery Policies – 8/10
David Jones receives positive reviews for prompt deliveries. There are various delivery options and below is a few of them. For the complete list click here.
- Click and collect– When shopping online, check whether the product you want is available for this option. Select a store near you and find out whether the product is in stock. If it is, add to bag, checkout and an email will be sent with instructions on when to collect your order.
- Gift card only – Goods bought by gift card are delivered between 3-7 business days at a cost of $5. Delivery may take longer for rural areas.
- Standard delivery – Free for orders above $100, but costs $10 for orders below $100. Estimated delivery is 3-7 business days but may take longer for rural areas.
- National express delivery – If you order by 4 pm Monday – Friday goods are delivered the next business day at a cost of $12.
- Standard bulky delivery – Large bulky items are delivered straight from the vendor. Delivery fee is calculated by weight and size of the item, plus delivery location. Costs are calculated automatically at checkout.
Payment Methods – 8/10
The store accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners, JCB Credit Cards, David Jones Express Cards, David Jones Storecards, David Jones Gift Cards and PayPal.
Reliability – 6/10
Returns – 7/10
David Jones has a well outlined returns policy. Although time frames for returns and refunds are not given, it does state the following:
All returns must be accompanied by proof of purchase documents. On the back of your proof of purchase, attach your completed return slip. Returns must be in their original condition and should not be under the special exception category i.e.
- Goods bought with gift cards or evouchers
- Custom made and altered items
- Personal care items e.g. electric toothbrushes, shavers, manicure sets, hairbrushes etc.
- Music, DVDs, computer software and accessories
- Perishable food and hampers
Gift card or bonus items should be returned with the original purchase. A postal address is provided that can be used to return online purchases. David Jones does not pay for postage fees for returns unless they are damaged. It is important to read the returns policy before making a return.
Customer Service – 6/10
David Jones has well detailed answers to frequently asked questions. If you require further assistance, call 1800 354 663 and a customer service representative will assist you. You can also fill in the form provided on the website and an email will be sent to the customer service team. The store receives negative feedback for customer service. In the online reviews, one customer claimed to have been disappointed with the customer service he received when trying to buy a product online using a David Jones card.
David Jones sells a wide variety of products including designer brands. Although some customers feel that the products are overpriced, the store provides a price match guarantee, sales discounts and loyalty rewards. However, it should improve on customer service and advertising to avoid negative feedback.